Friday, July 25, 2008

Celebrating 3 Years at the "Happiest Place on Earth"...



Yesterday Joe and I celebrated our 3 year anniversary!! Joe surprised me by taking me to Disneyland after work. He also surprised me with a dozen gorgeous red roses sent to me at work! We renewed our passes to Disneyland. I have been having withdrawals since they expired on Christmas Eve. We had a nice night. We just went for a couple hours. We had dinner, did a little shopping and saw the fireworks as we were leaving. I can't believe how quickly the past 3 years have gone. Joe treats me like a princess. He is so good to me and I can't imagine my life without him. He was sooo supportive when my grandpa was in the hospital last month. He would drive to Arcadia every night after work. I don't know anyone who, for a week straight, would drive in rush hour traffic for at least two hours and just stay for a couple of hours and have to drive back home. There were some night that he wouldn't get home until 1 in the morning and have to go to work the next day and then do the drive again. He sure is something special!! I LOVE YOU BABY!!!

Tomorrow, Joe and I are going to bury Joe's grandmother. She passed away at the beginning of June (we sure didn't have a fun June). In the Buddhist religion, you have to wait a certain amount of days before you bury someone, so tomorrow is the day. She is buried in the same cemetery as my grandpa, so I will get to go visit him. I still can't believe that he is not with us anymore. I still find myself crying when I think of him or when I see something that reminds me of him. Joe and I think it is pretty neat that we both have relatives buried at the same cemetery. We can both go and visit them all at the same time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cara, So glad that you had a good time at Disneyland for your third anniversary. It's wonderful that you've been able to be there for each other during this hard time. Say 'hi' to my papa because he is also in the same cemetary. :> Love ya! Meg

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!

Emily M said...

ok i will definitely call you next time we go wake boarding!