Monday, June 30, 2008

SWEETHEART...





Today is my Grandma and Grandpa Reed's 60th wedding anniversary. The day was not how we had all planned. My Grandpa passed away Friday morning, just 3 days before their anniversary. My grandma and grandpa have been together since they were 15, so that would actually be 64 years!!! Our family is still trying to comprehend that he is no longer with us. I just always thought he would always be around. I miss him sooooooooooooooooooooooo much. I can't imagine what my grandma must be going through. He was so good to her. One of the cutest things he did for her that I found out this past week while I stayed with her was that he made a book with all of her shoes. He took a picture of each pair of shoes (60 pairs, this is where I got my shoe obsession from!!) and numbered them. He then categorized them by the type of shoe (high heel, flats, tennis shoes, sandals, etc) and then put them on sheets of paper. So when she needs a shoe, she just goes to her book and finds her shoe and then just finds that numbered box!! He loved her soo much. I will miss him saying "Hi Sweetheart" every time he saw us!!! I miss you grandpa more than you will know. I LOVE YOU!!! XOXOXO





This is Shauna and I with my grandpa at the beach house when we were little. He would always make "dribble sandcastles" with us!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was cute Cara. You have been such a good grandaughter and example for us all this past week and a half...I miss him too, we were very lucky!

Janice said...

I am so sorry to hear that. 60 years...wow! I love the story about the shoes, it is so cute and shows how in love with her he was. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, the darling pictures you posted show how lucky you guys were to have such a wonderful grandpa!