Monday, July 19, 2010

One Phone Call Turns Into "Happily Ever After"...

5 years ago today I made the most important phone call...I called Joe and asked him to dinner!! That's right...I made the FIRST move!! I can remember it like yesterday....Joe used to drive from LA to Laguna Hills every day, so he would stay late at work to let the traffic die down. So, I had promised him lunch from helping me out with something and I figured this would be the perfect opportunity to use that as an excuse to ask him to dinner. We had been talking a lot due to having to work with each other on some stuff and I could tell that something was happening between us, but wasn't sure. He was at one point the guy I HATED at work!! But somehow he was starting to grow on me!! So I called him and asked him if he wanted to go eat dinner while he waited for the traffic to die down. He said "sure" and I'm sure I was jumping up and down and FREAKING OUT!! So I told him to meet me at the Yard House in Newport. I can even remember what I was wearing: white capri's and my brown rip curl shirt with a brown satin bow!! I'm pretty sure I put some kind of make-up on!!! I remember seeing Joe waiting for me at the restaurant..He had taken his tie off and I thought he looked SOOO CUTE!! I had never seen him without a tie before!!

So we sat down and I ordered my favorite meal, seared Ahi. Joe ordered CHICKEN POT PIE!! I remember thinking to myself, "Who orders chicken pot pie!!??" I was also dying because I HATED that as a kid growing up!! Well, we pretty much just talked the whole time and made fun at each other. I remember getting up to go the the bathroom and when I came back, Joe had paid the bill....I was supposed to pay!!! That gave me an excuse to tell him we would have to go out again so I could pay!! After we ate, we went down to the parking garage and talked for over an hour...well Joe just made fun of me for about an hour!! Of course, I thought it was cute :)

Two days later, we went to the movies and were never apart after that!!! I can't believe it has been 5 years and now we are MARRIED!!! Now we have two anniversary's to celebrate!!!! I can't imagine my life without Joe :)

Here are some pictures from each of our anniversary's since we have been together...

LOVE YOU BABY, LOVE YOU XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

1st Anniversary at the Madison in Long Beach


2nd Anniversary at Las Brisas in Laguna Beach


3rd Anniversay at Disneyland


4th Anniversary at Disneyland and a "pirate sleep over" with the kids (NOT our kids of course!)


Oct 9, 2009 Wedding Day


I found these pictures that Joe had taken of me at work back in 2004. We barely knew each other back then. Little did he know at that time that he was taking a picture of his FUTURE WIFE!!! (These aren't the best pictures of me but I thought it was pretty funny that he took them!!)

That's me smiling at in the background!!! "HEY BABY...WHAT"S YOUR #?? HAHAHA"


He must have really fallen for this pose!!!

3 comments:

Audrey Crisp said...

Aww.. How cute!

Nielsens said...

haha i love how giddy you sound it talking about the first date! i always try to relive those memories and talk about the details with sam, but he hates it. i guess it's a girl thing...

Heather H. said...

Aw! I did not know this, nice work!