Thursday, February 28, 2008

The Count Down Has Begun....

Just 30 more days until I set sail for beautiful Bermuda!! I can't wait and I am trying to be as excited as I can and pretend I am still not FREAKED out about my fear of sinking!! I got this cute card in the mail from my cousin Kelly to get me ready and in the mood. I guess I better start getting my summer and beach gear together and figuring out what I am going to bring. I am also soo excited to go to New York. I am going a few days before the cruise to hang out with Shauna since she will be there with a bunch of her girlfriends. It is going to be a blast! Joe is going to come and meet me when I get back from the cruise and we will spend another week in New York. I am really looking forward to seeing some to the spots we missed on our last trip in May of 2005. I really want to spend more time in Central Park. I am hoping the weather will be fine. I have heard that it can be pretty nice in April, but have also heard that it was so cold they were still ice skating!! I think I am going to have to bring two totally separate types of clothes...shorts for the Bermuda sun and jackets, mittens and layers for New York. Either way, I am really looking forward to RELAXING!!!

I found some pictures of the cruise ship we will be on. The name of the cruise line is Holland America and we will be on their newest and largest ship, the Noordam. I found out that my cousin's company will be the only ones on the ship. Not only will we have the entire ship to ourselves, but the cruise line doesn't even go to Bermuda. They are doing it just for her!!! I have to say that I feel pretty lucky that I am going and know that it will be amazing!!

A view of the ship. I have to admit I looks pretty big and that makes me NERVOUS!!!


This is one of the dinning rooms and one of the bars. I love the window views!!!


This is what my room will look like. I will even have a balcony (easier to jump off before I sink!). This is a view from one of the decks....AMAZING!!!


I am sure I will keep you updated as the trip gets closer!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

JEALOUS......wow you are going to have the best time. I think I am most upset that you are going to feel the warm sun for a whole week! What a blast! I haven't been on the blogs forever so it was fun to se pictures of Kate. She looks so cute. I think she has Chris' grin! Seeing the pictures of you guys at Crab cooker, I could taste the clam chowder and shrimp skewer. Then I thought about the potatoes and it about put me over the edge! Go back and enjoy a plate for me! Fun posts!

Anonymous said...

The room looks like it is going to be fantastic! I am so excited for you. Just make sure to bring your heart necklace that you can throw over the edge before that baby goes down...just kidding...you are going to be fine!!!

Shauna Brown said...

Are you kidding me??? So fun! Can't wait to see you in NYC!

SUMMER said...

I am so stinkin' jealous I could scream! You are so lucky girl! Can't wait to see all the pictures! And I LOVE your St. Patricks Day header!!! So festive!

Janice said...

Wow!! That looks like such a fun ship!! The room looks so nice! Have fun and cant wait to see pics!!