Sunday, October 5, 2008

Viva Sanchez!!!!



Yesterday Joe and I went to the USC/Oregon game. We were really excited to get to our first home game...FINALLY!!! We headed out early to avoid the traffic and make sure we got a good parking spot. We were shocked at how empty the place was! I guess the potential rain and the Dodger game kept a lot of people away. We met up, like usual, with my former boss, Dave and his son. We went out to the football practice field and played some football. We also had a blast attempting to kick field goals. It was a lot of fun but pretty hard!! I made one from 30 yards out and one at the normal extra point spot. Joe made one too! I have a new respect for the kickers. It is pretty hard!!!!







We then went to the bookstore. I was in search for a "Sanchez" jersey and Joe wanted to get a new hat and jacket. I found my jersey and was SOOO excited!! I have to represent my hometown of Mission Viejo!!! Joe got a pretty sweet jacket! When we were walking out to go get something to eat, we noticed all the football players wearing the same jacket that Joe bought. He thought he was pretty cool and said he was going to try and sneak on the bus with the team!!!





We then headed to the Coliseum early to watch the team warm up. We hung out for about an hour in the front row by the end zone. It was a lot of fun watching. It is a totally different perspective watching from that close up. I was shocked at how high those kickers kick the ball. I wanted to jump on the field and show those kickers what I was made of...and that I can kick with both feet!!!






I have found Heather's future husband!! His name is Jordan Cameron, a transfer from BYU!!!




Pete Carroll's son is one of his coaches. They play catch before each game. Nothing like getting paid $4 million to play catch with your son every Saturday!!!















Mark Sanchez kept staring at me!!!!



We then headed to our seats. We were 17 rows up right behind the field goal in the end zone. It was a great game and we even got a little rain. Luckily we bought some ponchos at the bookstore!!! USC won 44-10!!












Mark got hurt towards the end of the game, but he came back for a few more plays.







We listened to the Dodger game on the way home and caught the last two innings on TV. Joe was soo excited that they swept the series!!! It has been 20 years since they had won in the post season! Hopefully they will keep up this streak and win the World Series!!! Go Dodger Blue!!!


Joe letting me know his team is #1!!!

7 comments:

Emily M said...

you took some great pics!!

and your blog picture is so cool! you are lucky you have a name that can be spelled using the california letters.

Anonymous said...

Dang bird im jealous of your whole experience. Football is the greatest. Mark Sanchez is a Bad-A. The parking lot was not empty bc weather or dodger blue, it was empty because they keep losing to nonranked teams as the no.1 team in America. fdlkgldkjgldglkdjfglkdjlgk
Bagock

hillary nicole said...

ditto to emie's comment- I could only use the I, L, and A, for my name from California.. and that just wouldn't be enough!

keep havin fun!

Tim and Jennifer said...

Looks like a ton of fun. I love your short hair. I'm so tempted to cut mine off. See you soon!!

SUMMER said...

Ummm... that BYU transfer for Heather is darling! Set that up! And I can't believe how close you were to Pete Caroll and the players. I thought about you when we got to the game wondering if you were there too. One day... we will run into each other!!!

Shauna Brown said...

Great post and I still have a crush on Pete! I thought you were wearing Saddleback gear until I saw the letters- haha!

Anonymous said...

Booty the CTR thing is our ward directory. The things that go on up here are so ridiculous...