Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Life as a Kindergartner

Today I spent the morning at a kindergartner carnival at Lake Forest Elementary school. I spent a couple of months with these kids at the beginning of the year through a program called Junior Achievement. I would go once a week for 5 weeks to teach the kids about money, saving money, earning money and how to work together as a group. I loved it and was so sad on my last day. They asked me to come back on June 20th for their end of the year carnival. I told them that I would and you should of seen the expressions on their faces when I walked in their classroom this morning. "Miss Hudson is here!!!" I was in charge of the face painting station. Luckily they had some stencils that I could use because I am no artist! They had a ton of different stations for them to go to: bean bag toss, water gun shoot out, bubbles, gymnastics, balloon races, throwing balls through hoops, bowling, etc. One of the little boys in the class, Liam, had his dad come to draw pictures for the kids. He is the person that draws Sponge Bob Square Pants and a bunch of other characters! It was really neat watching him draw all the different pictures for the kids! We had a picnic on the front lawn after the carnival and then it was time to say good-bye. It was sad, but they kept on reminding me that now they will be First Graders!!!! Those kids are soo cute and I keep asking myself as much as I love kids, why I work at a bank instead of with kids!!???


I took the rest of the day off and Heather and I spent the day at the Montage Beach. It was such a beautiful day!! I even went in the water...which was freezing but felt soo good!!! There were these people there who looked like John Mayer and Jessica Simpson! Heather really thougth it was them...they guys totally looked like him, but the girl, not so much once she was laying out...if you know what I mean!!! After we went and got pedicures at Happy Nails. We always laugh when we go because all Heather gets is her toes painted and that's it! I do the works....extra massage, exfoliation, flower!! We always say that when they start talking in their "language" they are saying how lucky the girl that got me is and how mad the girl that got Heather is!!!!

5 comments:

Shauna Brown said...

That's it!!!! You really would be an AMAZING teacher! I'm not kidding, you should look into it! Can you say jealous that you went to Montage and had an almost spotting of JM and JS! I can't wait to come and going to Happy Nails, I know Heather's pain. You want flower?

Shauna Brown said...

That's it!!!! You really would be an AMAZING teacher! I'm not kidding, you should look into it! Can you say jealous that you went to Montage and had an almost spotting of JM and JS! I can't wait to come and going to Happy Nails, I know Heather's pain. You want flower?

Anonymous said...

Happy Nails- 'To say thanks, to say cares, to say I love.'

Anonymous said...

Audrey is having her last day of school events as well. I am so sad that the year is over for her. She has loved all her little friends. I keep saying I will blog about her class so you can all see the cute kids. I can't wait to go to Happy Nails and the beach!!!!! Boy do my feet need a scrub. I may even splurg for the flower. Just a few weeks!

Tim and Jennifer said...

Hey Cara! I saw the like on Jenny's blog. I used to do Junior Achievement to Taylor's class when he was in elementary! Do they still have pre-planned lessons? I wish I could come to Cali :(