Friday, June 8, 2007

A Week Away From Work!

Joe and I took this week off...mainly just to get away from the absolute chaos that has been going on at work. Our plan was to do absolutely NOTHING but relax. I even cooked dinner that actually ended up tasting pretty good even though I burnt the heck out of the pan! We went down to San Diego for a couple of days. We went to Balboa Park which I had never been to. It was really neat. There is soo much to do there-museums, the zoo, walking and biking trails. We were kicking ourselves that we didn't bring our bikes! We went to the zoo on Wednesday. It was fun seeing all the animals. I have to say that I liked all the baby animals the best, even a baby warthog is soo cute! On Thursday we went to the Maritime museum. This is where they have all the ships that you can go on. You only have to pay $12 and can tour 5 ships. The ships we went on were the Star of India, the HMS Surprise (the ship that they filmed Master and Commander on), a Russian Submarine, the Berkley and another ship I can't remember the name of. It was really neat reading about the history of the ships and where they had been and who had been on them. The USS Midway is also right there. About a month ago we went and toured that aircraft carrier. It was so awesome. It was fun just to get away for a couple of days.

Well, the vacation is almost over and back to work we will go. Tonight we are going to meet my cousin's Hillary and Emily at Disneyland. I love going there! I could go there everyday! But with summer here, it will probably be pretty crowded with all the people around now that school is out. Oh well, I am just that I have a pass again and can come and go as I please! Going to the "happiest place on earth" is the best way to spend my last day of vacation!!


My attempt to cook dinner. I burnt the pan but it sure tasted good!


A fountain at Balboa Park and Joe hangin with the giraffes.

A baby wart hog and me feeding a baby goat.


Joe on the Star of India with the submarine, HMS Suprise and the Berkley in the background. We had to crawl through all these small holes in the submarine.


Joe and I with a view of the ships. I was at the wheel of the Star of India.

4 comments:

Shauna Brown said...

So fun!! It looks like you had a great time and that dinner is making me real hungry. Love the Trader Joe's veggies!!! Also, love the hat!

Anonymous said...

How fun is the zoo?! Maybe I should just have you make dinner for Monday night instead of going out!

Anonymous said...

Cara~ I love the Disneyland passes so much too! The fact that you can go for a few hours and not feel like you are wasting money is the BEST! Your San Diego getaway looked so fun! I need one of those soon. And the burnt pan is my favorite picture! That is what all of mine look like except my food doesn't come out good like yours!

Anonymous said...

You really should cook in that cute kitchen of yours everyday! I still can't believe you say I'm the one with the long posts...HMS what and what?! Disneyland, always a good choice!