Monday, January 7, 2008

BERMUDA...HERE I COME!!!!


I can't believe this...but I am going to Bermuda!!!! I got a call from one of my second cousins (maybe she is my 3rd cousin? I lose track!) to see if I wanted to go on a cruise to Bermuda the first week in April for only $300!! She said that they had room for one more person. I didn't know what to say!? Of couse I wanted to go, but I SWORE I would NEVER go on a cruise!!! I don't know why, but all I think of is the Titanic!!! I am SOOO afraid that when I go to sleep at night, the boat will end up sinking. Everyone at my work was telling me how safe it is and how I couldn't pass it up, especially for that price. Also that there aren't any ice burgs either!! I told her I would have to call her right back because I needed to find out if I could get the time off of work. My manager is skiing in Mammoth right now, so I sent her a text message and she actually answered me back with OF COURSE!!! So, I couldn't use that as my excuse. I was FREAKING out and getting soo anxious as I was trying to make my decision because of my FEAR!! My pulse was racing SOOO FAST!! Everyone at work was looking up the weather conditions and told me that April one of the best months to go (no hurricanes) and just to keep clear of the Bermuda Triangle!!! I hadn't thought of that!!! Well, I decided that I couldn't say NO!!

I am flying to New York on March 28th and then we board ship on the 29th and come back to New York on April 5th. I think I might just stay in New York for that next week if all works out since I will already be out there. Thankfully, I have American Airlines miles, so my flight to New York is FREE!!!! I even have a cabin on the ship with a balcony (that way I can jump before we sink!!). I can't stop talking and thinking about it. It is going to be a long 3 months of counting down!! Good thing I got my passport a few months ago. I can't believe my first trip will be to BERMUDA!!!!!

7 comments:

Emily M said...

how fun!! im so excited for you!! i haven't really heard much about bermuda but the pictures you have up there look so cool! your post beats mine by a mile. haha. all i talk about is where i WANT to go and you are actually GOING somewhere!! i hope you have fun!! i've never been on a cruise, but i hear there is tons of stuff to do.

Anonymous said...

I am glad you decided to go for it! You desreve it!

Emily M said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
hillary nicole said...

wow this is sooooo cool! cara do you know what this means? We'll get to see your super hot and dark tan again! YES!

hillary nicole said...

hee hee thanks. f-stop blues is a song I really like that jack johnson sings... and I dunno I just like that phrase, and I really want to have an old film manual camera- I don't know how much you know about photography but f-stops are the way you measure how much light you let into the lens for exposure.. so yeah! and no that isn't me in the picture... I am pretending it is!

SUMMER said...

I am so jealous... those pictures look amazing!!!

Tim and Jennifer said...

We went to Bermuda for our honeymoon...It is soo fun!! Tim served there for six months of his mission. The water is so pretty. Ahh so many good memories coming back. Have fun!!