Tuesday, January 1, 2008

O' Christmas Tree...

I wanted to get a Christmas tree this year, but never got around to it because I ended up with that "nasty cold" everyone was getting and honestly was too lazy to get out the decorations knowing I would have to clean them up! So, Joe got me this "Charlie Brown Christmas Tree" from Urban Outfitters!!! It is the cutest thing ever!!! Sad to say though that when he was moving it into my room, the ONE ornament fell off and broke!! We were laughing soo hard..our poor little tree!!!






My family has been in town for the holidays and it has been a blast!! We spent Christmas Eve at Disneyland. It was Jaden's first time and I think he was a bit overwhelmed!!! All of my cousins,aunts and uncles from my mom's side came to celebrate my Grandpa's birthday also. He is a Christmas Eve baby!! It was soo much fun to have everyone there. It has been a long time since the whole family went to Disneyland together. We used to go all the time when we were kids! I am sad to say though my pass expired on Christmas Eve....I'm going to wait to get another one..I have to save $379!!




We had Christmas at my mom's this year. It was nice not having to have such a long drive. Joe had bought Rock Band back in November and we have been dying to play it with Dave. We had such a blast ROCKING out!!! The whole family got in on the fun, even the kids!!! I think Doug found his new calling...a ROCK SINGER!!! That guy can really put on a good performance!!!





On Friday afternoon we headed out the the Grove in LA. I had never been before and was soo excited to go. We met up with my aunt and cousin's and did a little shopping. We had dinner and then headed back to watch the snow by the huge Christmas tree. The Chrismas decorations were soo pretty!!



Sunday night my mom had the Bergen's and Mike's neice Kelly and her husband Justin (who live next door to my mom and dad) over for dinner. We had a "Thanksgiving meal" and it was FABULOUS!!!! We also celebrated Mike's birthday which is on New Year's Eve.




Our yearly tradition of going to the Rose Parade was not quite the same this year. I wasn't feeling too good so I didn't end up going. My cousin Emily ended up in the hospital New Year's Eve with a bad case of the flu, but made it to the parade. Lisa has been having really bad morning sickness, so she stayed home, so Shauna took all the kids. My dad and Heather decided not to go either. I have to admit it was not the same waking up this morning and not heading out to the parade! There's always next year!! Guess I will put my signs back in the garage to wait another year.

We spent New Year's day watching the Rose Bowl at my dad's house with the clan. I even got Jaden and Carter some USC shirts to wear!! It was an BLOW OUT and USC came out victorous!!! FIGHT ON!! The kids spent most of the game in the backyard making a mess!!! They made some "soup" out of mud, water and most of the plants in my moms garden!! Kids will be kids!!! Joe and I also intoduced Dave to "The Hat" for lunch!! He was in heaven and hopefully we all won't end up there sooner than we think from all the GREASE we ate!!! You can't beat a pastrami sandwhich, onion rings, chilli cheese dog and chilli cheese fries!!!





I took this week off of work so I can hang out with my family. It should be a blast!! Dave leaves to go back to Canada tomorrow afternoon. It is sad to see him go....We had a blast hanging out with you!! Don't worry Dave..we will start your X-Box 360 fund and you will have one sooner than you think!!! Anyone interested in contributing to this VERY IMPORTANT cause????

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the little Trojan shirts!!

Emily M said...

cute blog! cute pics!! i guess i'll see you tomorrow for the getty? yay!