Friday, January 4, 2008

I Don't Gett It???

Today I ventured to the Getty Museum in LA with my sister, Heather, and my aunt and cousins. I have always wanted to go...but was CLUELESS to what type of a museum it was. I love going to all the museums in DC, but this was a bit different. There were a bunch of painting on the wall.......not that interesting to me at least!! I guess I'm not into an art museum!! We took a guided tour that was an hour long but we only lasted about 10 minutes. The lady that was giving the tour had a pretty annoying voice and the people in our group were asking the WEIRDEST questions. "Are there any musicians in this painting??" "Did the people in this painting have diabetes??" We couldn't take anymore of it, so we went and spent the rest of our time inside the cafe.

We also weren't prepared for the "rain storm of the century"!!! In order to get to the different areas of the museum, you had to walk outside in the PORING rain!!! They were nice enough to have umbrellas for everyone to use. We definitely weren't dressed to be out in the poring rain. Heather had slip on shoes, Emily had on capri pants and I left my jacket in the car!!! We had all heard about the beautiful views you can see, but because of the weather, we didn't see much of anything!!! It was an adventure!! I think we had more fun running out of the rain and riding on the tram!!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

wasn't heather an art history major?!

Emily M said...

hey- i was on pyzam.com looking for blogger layouts and found this really cute one. the one you have now is really cute, but when u want to change it, there's this one i found:

http://www.pyzam.com/bloggertemplates/preview/winnie-the-pooh

Anonymous said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.