Friday, March 28, 2008

A Day In The City...

Today we spent the whole day shopping around the city. We left the house around 10 in the morning. It was raining when we started, but it cleared up pretty quickly. It was a nice day. It was pretty brisk out and it felt great. We started off at H&M. I just pretty much looked around. I didn't want to shop before the cruise since I will coming back afterwards. We then went to Zara and then headed to Rockefeller Center. We had to stop by Dean and De Luca to see if Felicity and Ben were there!!! Then we headed to Anthropology. I found this really cute sweater and told Shauna that I would buy it for her for her birthday. It was originally $80 and on sale for $30. We noticed a little black mark on it and figured she could just wash it and get it out. When we got up to the line to ask if we could get a discount, the girl said that she could give us 25% off. She rang up the sweater and she said that actually it was on sale for $9.95.......SHUT UP (The exact words out of Shauna's mouth!!!) Then after 25% off, the total came to $7.96...YES THAT IS CORRECT...A SWEATER FROM ANTHROPOLOGY FOR $7.96!!!! AND IT IS SOOOOOOOO CUTE!!! So of course Shauna said that she would just buy it and I could get her something else!!!!!

THE $7.96 SWEATER!!!

We then went to Times Square where we witnessed the "Naked Cowboy"....WHATEVER!! We stopped in a few other shops and then headed down to canal street to look for some "designer bags"!!!! It was pretty funny having all the guys come up to you and whispher "we have coach, channel, louis vuton"....but we have to take you to a warehouse??? YA RIGHT!! We also went to the Macy's store. They were having this huge flower display. It was gorgeous!! They had flowers everywhere and all the window displays were dressed in flowers!




I headed back to get my stuff packed up to meet my cousins at the Sheraton in Times Square. Then I met up with them at the Apple store and then we went to dinner.



I am SOOOOOOOOO exhausted and my feet hurt!! We have to have our bags ready tomorrow morning by 8 am for them to pick-up to take to the boat. We will hang out and go shopping until our bus picks us up at 1:30 to get on board the boat. I cannot wait to just relax!!!! All my cousins headed out to go to the Empire State building tonight. I decided to stay back and get some sleep before the big day tomorrow!!

This might be my last post until I get back from my cruise on the 5th. I probably won't have access to the internet.....so I will catch everyone up as soon as I return to the "City"!!!

7 comments:

Tim and Jennifer said...

Such a cute sweater at such an incredible price! My kind of shopping!

Anonymous said...

It looks like you are having so much fun!!!I wish we were there with you. It's Emily's spring break. Why didn't we think of N.Y. and a Bermuda cruise ????

Lisa said...

FUN!! It's so great that you were able to time it so you could spend a day with Shauna before you left. You are probably sitting in the sun right now enjoying the ocean view! Can't wait to hear all about it when you return. Those window displays at Macys are amazing! I bet they are even more beautiful in person. FUN!!!

Janice said...

HAVE A WONDERFUL TRIP!!

Anonymous said...

So fun..I love the flower pics..but I can't wait for the cruise pics. I love that you had to check another bag of toiletries...I always end up fighting with all of the TSA people at the airport. I pretty much hate them. Bon Voyage Cute Girl!!

Shauna Brown said...

I had the best time with you! I'm back at home just thinking how jealous I am of your cruise and the extra week in NYC! Miss you!

SUMMER said...

SO jealous! Must be nice Cara! NYC and then off to Bermuda!? Are you kiddding? Can't wait to see more pics....