Thursday, March 27, 2008

"SECURITY PLEASE"!!!

So I got busted this morning at the airport because apparently the toothpaste, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, sun screen, leg shaving cream, face soap, face lotion, etc. were not regulation size (3 oz is the acceptable limit and my toothpaste was 4 oz). If felt soo stupid!!! I had no clue that you couldn't take these items with you in your carry on luggage? I told the lady that at least I checked my tweezers, in which she replied, "oh, you can bring those on board and even little scissors".???? I thought to myself I probably could do more damage with scissors than my 4 oz of toothpaste!!! So I ended up having to check a third bag, which they didn't charge me for...YEAH!!!

I arrived in New York tonight at 8 and hopped in a taxi to go see Shauna. Shauna is here until Sunday with a bunch of her college friends. They are all turning 30 this year, so they decided to get together and are staying with their friend, Mersha, at her AMAZING home!! I love her place! I am staying here until I meet up with my "Cruising cousin's" tomorrow at the Sheraton in Times Square. Her place is 3 stories!! She has the nicest husband named Jared and the CUTEST little girls named Cyra and Lucia. They totally look like they could be my kids!! Cyra has the biggest brown eyes! She looks just like "Dora the explorer" and when her mom asked her who I looked like she said, "Dora"!!! So, I am pretty happy hanging out with a 2 year-old, couldn't ask for anything more! I am in heaven with her....she is SOOOOOOO cute!!



Tomorrow we are planning to go shopping and then I will head out to meet the cousins. The weather is pretty cool, but it feel nice. It rained a bit today but not too bad. I am pretty tired from traveling today and I am ready for bed even though it is only 9:30 back in CA!!!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I was so happy to see a new post. You have to put pictures of the house in NY. I always wonder what those houses look like when you walk past them. Fun that you get to be with Shauna and her friends for a while. Have fun and post when you can. I hope you don't dream about Titanic tonight (the other movie that freaks me out about cruises is "The Black Stallion". You'll have to rent that one when you get back.)-Lisa