Wednesday, September 26, 2007

It Should Be An Eventful Night...

Most of you know that ever since my really bad "take-over" robbery at the bank 3 years ago, I haven't been able to sleep. I know that may sound as a shock to those of you who knew the "old" Cara that would sleep all the time! I am now the complete opposite and it drives me crazy!!! I had to take sleeping medicine right after it happened but decided to stop taking them because I didn't want to get addicted. Well, after years of not being able to sleep and being tired ALL OF THE TIME, I went back to the doctor. I was given something that worked at first, but of course, stopped working. It would help me fall asleep but I would still wake up several times through out the night and couldn't fall back asleep. So I decided to go back to the doctor to get a "stronger" medication.

Most of you have seen the commercials for Ambien CR. I am anxious to see if it actually works and if I will be able to sleep the whole night! Tonight is the first night I am going to take it. I thought I should probably read the side effects and information about this new medicine and found some interesting facts:

"Rarely, after taking this drug, people have gotten out of bed and driven vehicles while not fully awake ("sleep-driving"....duh!). People have also sleepwalked, prepared/eaten food and made phone calls. Often these people do not remember these events."

So, if I happen to make a strange phone call to you or show up at your house with a sandwich in my hand in the middle of the night, I am sorry.

9 comments:

Emily M said...

haha

good luck. hope it works!!

Anonymous said...

I have taken one for the past two nights with everything going on. I think it'll really helps and maybe we will go get sandwiches together:> If you don't like the Ambien, try Lunesta...I think it's the best.

Tim and Jennifer said...

I love the drug talk. I hope it helps!!

Janice said...

LoL!! That is so funny!! Everyone stay off the roads in oc tonight!! I hope it works!! I am curious about the hold up 3 years ago?? Where was it? It sounds awful! I hope you sleep well tonight!

Anonymous said...

How is it working so far? Mom couldn't sleep the other night so she lay on the couch listening to that chanting music...I hope you get to sleep better soon! I love that photo from the USC game!

SUMMER said...

Cara- you can come over anytime! I am usually up until 1:00 am too! I remember hearing about the bank thing but kind of forgot. I need a refresher!!!!

Emily M said...

were you able to sleep that night?

hillary nicole said...

hey at least those people have their medication as an excuse for doing strange things in their sleep.. I apparently can speak spanish and walk outside in the snow barefoot without any medical influence! ahhhhh! ok those aren't horrible things, but it is kinda creepy.

soooo how did it work?

Shauna Brown said...

I hope it works!! You deserve a good nights sleep! Too bad you didn't live closer so you could drive over with a treat!!