Monday, September 10, 2007

And They Call it PUPPY LOVE....

I can't believe these words are coming out of MY mouth, but I am having puppy withdrawals!!?? I spent the last week and a half watching Scott and Megan's dog Daphne while they were in Greece. I was a little surprised that I offered to watch her since I have never really liked dogs. I have never spent that much time with a dog. I figured it would be fun and like a mini vacation. The first day was a nightmare. When I got home from work I walked in ready to be attached by the furious little pup but the house was silent. I thought maybe she was out on the balcony or upstairs, but no sign of her anywhere. I thought I had already lost the dog on the first day!! I was freaking out. I had no clue how I would explain this to Megan. I thought to call the "real dog sitter" (she would come and play with Daphne during the day so she wouldn't be so wild when I would get home) to see if she knew where she was. Luckily she still had her and was on her way to drop her off. I decided to do some laundry while I was waiting and went to grab something off the top shelf and knocked a whole container of powered stain remover in the washing machine into a load of clothes I had just washed. So I just decided to wash them again and figured they would just be really clean. Then I went to get Daphne's food ready and turned on the garbage disposal that apparently had a spoon and some measuring spoons down it that got destroyed! So, my first day I lost a dog and had to replace some stain remover, measuring spoons and tried to figure out where they got there spoons from so I could replace it!! I also learned that you can't leave any paper sitting out where a dog can get it. I left a note for the dog sitter and when I came home I found it shredded to pieces on the floor!!!!

All washer full of stain remover, a chewed up letter and some broken spoons!



It was pretty much smooth sailing after my first day. Daphne and I became great pals. We would go to the park everyday and play ball and take a walk. I got used to having someone around all the time when I got home from work. She would come running to me every day I got home and just hang out with me. We even had sleepovers each night!!! Our last night was the best night. I had taped the Justin Timberlake concert on HBO for Megan (it was the same one we went to and loved it!) as a surprise, so we had our own "Party" with Justin our last night. Daphne is a groupie already!!!

Getting ready for the USC game and Daphen napping


It was really weird going back home and being all alone again.....I keep looking for Daphne!! So I have decided that I need a dog. Joe and I were at Fashion Island this weekend because I wanted to go to the pet store. I found the cutest little dogie. She was soooo cute!!! She was a coton-poo. Not quite sure what that is but cute!!!! She was only 2 months old. I got to hold her and she just sat there staring at me. I seriously wanted to buy her but I can't have any pets where I live. SO, I need to move so I can go and get her!!! I can't believe that I may end of with a dog!!?? Joe went and bought an iphone and I thought I was going to get one too, but think I will save my $ for my new dog!!!!

Besides watching Daphne, Joe and I went to the first USC home game against Idaho a couple of weekends ago. My friend Monique had two extra tickets so we were able to go. I am SOOO excited that the football season has begun!!! We usually get to a few USC games a season, so hopefully there will be more to come!! "FIGHT ON!!"

Joe, Me, Monique and Joey at the USC game


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh dear, Cara with a dog! Wasn't that concert great?!

Anonymous said...

I am seriously laughing out loud right now...you are hilarious. Oh, Daphne would love it if you got a dog and they could be friends. We have a training kennel all ready for you!! Thank you again so much and anytime you want to stop by after work-- we'd love to see you. Let me know if you can come for America's Next Top Model next week. And geez, USC...I'm afraid that Scott is going to leave me for you!

SUMMER said...

Cara- So we are contemplating a dog. Should we do it or not? Advice from an expert please....

SUMMER said...

P.S. Fight on!!!!

Tim and Jennifer said...

it's good to see you are still alive...

Tim and Jennifer said...

p.s. i never want a dog. Even when your house is clean there is still the unseen dog hair!!

Anonymous said...

Don't let the above poster taint you Cara. They don't know about hybrid dogs. We got Daphne because she has poodle in her. Scott is allergic so we needed a hypoallergenic dog. She sheds less than I do. Dog hair...please.

Emily M said...

it is cute when u come home and they're so happy to see you. sage always gets so excited when im home from school.
and a cocapoo is a cocker spaniel mixed with a poodle.
labradoodles are cute too!
let me know if u are going to get this puppy u are talking about from fashion island! she sounds adorable.

Shauna Brown said...

Now that would be hilarious- Cara with a dog! Just promise me you won't get a stroller for it!! I say go for it, might as well! That way Jaden could visit a dog, since he will never own one under my roof!

hillary nicole said...

I knew you'd come through cara! puppies are irresistible. but... the iphone is pretty rockin too!!