Sunday, August 19, 2007

Zion "O" Vegas??

Friday we started our drive to Vegas. My uncle told us that we should drive through Zion National Park instead of our normal way home. It was amazing. We found this little hike that took us to the top of a canyon. It started thundering and lightning and was followed by rain. I was just in flip flops, not the perfect hiking shoe to be wearing in the rain. It started sprinkling and then pored!! It was really cool being in the canyon listening to the thunder echo. We found a cave that we hid out in for a while and then decided to head back before it got any worse. We got back to our car to find that I had left my window and the back window down! We drove through this really long tunnel and when we got out of it the view was amazing. I was kind of bummed that we couldn't see as much due to the rain storm, but it was still beautiful. When we got down the mountain, we stopped at a couple of gift stores and saw some buffalo and reindeer!!?? I hope to come back another time and spend more time exploring this beautiful place.

Our time in Zion


Right before we got to Vegas, we saw two huge rainbows from start to finish. It was pretty cool. We arrived at the Bellagio around 8:00pm. We went up to our room which had a view of the pools and the water show fountains. After we picked up our tickets for "O" we went outside to watch the water show. It is really cool, but it was still 100 degrees outside.

At 10:30pm, we went and saw "O". It was AMAZING!!!! We had perfect seats right in the middle. The show is pretty much done the whole time in the water. It was pretty incredible watching them flip and twist from 60 ft up!! I would recommend this show to anyone!! I wasn't sure if Joe would like it but he did!!! Saturday morning we headed to the BUFFET there at the Bellagio.....All I can say is it is worth every penny you pay $$$!! Every time I drive through Vegas, I have to stop and each at the Buffet!! I am not a Vegas person, but I am a lover of a good buffet!! We ate as much as we could to make ourselves sick and then headed home.



Our time in Las Vegas


Well I am finally home...though I have to say that I miss being on the lake already!! It is nice however to go outside and not feel like I am going to die of heat exhaustion!!I am not looking forward going back to work tomorrow!! The thought of having to get ready each day and do my hair?? I am so used to just putting on a bathing suit!! I had a great time with the family at Lake Powell and am sure we will be talking about this trip for some time....now we have to start planning next year's trip!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had such a fun trip. I'll call you tomorrow to talk about Ms. Daphne for next week. Since you are going to try to get on Newport Harbor, I'll keep my eyes posted for you on tonight's episode...because even though it's terrible, I'll still watch.

Annie said...

Hey Cara, it's Annie, Meg's cousin. I am so jealous of your Lake Powell trip. I haven't been for a long time and I really miss it. You're such a party animal...I feel you go on so many fun vacations, lucky.

Shauna Brown said...

Jealous, jealous, jealous!! I'm glad you all had so much fun! Have fun doggy sitting Daphne!

Janice said...

Hi Cara! So fun to hear from you!! Wake surfing looks neat! do you use a regular surf board? you are quite the traveller! You have been on so many neat trips!! It will be fun to keep up with you now!