Sunday, August 12, 2007

Cafe Rio, Couple of Polygamists & the First Day on the Lake

Our first stop on our trip to Lake Powell was CAFE RIO!!! We met up with my aunt and uncle and cousins in St. George at Cafe Rio. I was really excited for Joe to taste this cuisine!!! Of course it was packed...but worth the wait. I was originally going to get a chicken burrito with the yummy green salsa...but I was on the phone with my sister Lisa just before we parked and she and Dave kept telling me that I should get the pork salad. I split it with my aunt and I am sad to say that I didn't like it that much. SO, on my way back, I will get my burrito!!!

We also made a stop at the Super Walmart before we got back on the road to pick up a few things we still needed. As we were walking into the store we saw this lady in a long dress with long sleeves and a funky collar.....POLYGAMIST!!! We saw another one when we were leaving with a blue and yellow collared dress...Only in UTAH!!!

Saturday we took our first spin on the Sea Doos on the lake to check out the territory. There was NO ONE on the lake. It was awesome!!! The water is higher than the last time we were here. It is amazing how different the lake looks as the water level changes!! We spent about 4 hours straight riding around and are feeling the pain today!! At one point the clouds started to roll in really dark and then they moved out. We thought we were going to get stuck in a storm but got lucky and didn't. I think Joe was pretty impressed with his first time on a lake. He is not much of a "water" guy...but had a blast!!! Hopefully we can get him up on some water skis!

Joe


Beautiful view


Marina...Yes I cut my hair shorter!!


Lone Rock view from our condo


Sunset view from our condo


Our view from our condo!!


My dad and brother got in last night and we all went to dinner. Today we are just going to go into town and do some grocery shopping for the week. We are also going to take a tour of the Glen Canyon Dam. (it is in the movie Transformers!) The boat will get here tonight, so tomorrow will be our first full day on the lake and I can't wait!!

1 comment:

Shauna Brown said...

Soooooooo jealous!!! Great pics and I love your hair cut! You look HOT!