Thursday, August 16, 2007

SURFS UP!!!!!

Dad AKA The Water Bat!!!!!


Cara


Matt AKA Kelly Slater!!

Today was the BEST DAY!!!! We discovered the new sport of WAKE SURFING!!!! It is AWESOME!!! Who knew that our family has a bunch of surfers???? Even my DAD got up!!! You have to have a boat that creates a surf wave in order for it to work. Matt was the first to attempt it and he caught on really fast for his first time. He said it was soo easy, so we all tried and all got up! It is seriously so much easier then water skiing or wake boarding. You pop right up and just ride a wave for as long as you want. It is pretty cool being so close to the boat that you can have a conversation with everyone on board!! We rocked out to a few tunes as we were riding!! We all tried different ways of riding the wave and discovered that the shorter the rope, the better you ride the wave. Once you find the "sweet" spot in the wave, you can actually drop the rope and just ride the wave!! We have all now discovered our new family hobby!!! Watch out for us on the "pro" circuit!!!

Hillary


Emily


Uncle Mike


Today was our last day on the lake. I am sad to know that we are starting to head back home tomorrow but will make a quick overnight stop in Vegas. We are staying at the Bellagio Friday night and going the see a Cirque Du Soleil show called "O". I am pretty excited to see it. Saturday we will head back home to reality. It has been a great trip and I am sad knowing I have to go back to work on Monday. I better go and pack!!

4 comments:

Tim and Jennifer said...

I looked at the pic and said "Is that Roger?" Go Uncle Roger! Looks so fun

courtneyb said...

did you photo shop that picture of matt? those colors are amazing!!

I've never heard of wake surfing, sounds fun!!

Shauna Brown said...

Seriously, soo fun!! One question, how did Dad see?

Anonymous said...

great pics!! do u think u could send me all the ones of me that u didnt post. i really liked the one of me on the sea doo. and take your time. i'll be getting ready for school this week. bleh. hope you're enjoying O right now!!

em