Friday, August 3, 2007

Happy 11 Year Anniversary Dave & Lisa!!

I can't believe that it has been 11 years since my older sister Lisa got married to "some guy named Dave"!!?? I can remember when Lisa told us she had gotten engaged. She didn't tell us right away. I remember that she told us that she was getting married to Dave from Canada (which I thought was cool)and I had really NO CLUE who he was!! Some guy she met up at "Ricks College" in Idaho. I remember that he would come and visit, but we really didn't get to know him that well. Then came the wedding and I can remember when they were getting ready to leave that night, we all had to say good-bye to our sister and you would have thought that she was going off to war!! We were balling our eyes out......even little Matt who was only 12 was crying!! Since Dave was from Canada, we all got to go up there for a week and hang out before the reception they were going to have there. It was soo much fun and Dave even took us Gopher hunting!!! I can remember little Matt held this big rifle aimed at all of us....I thought Dave was going to kill him!!!!

Well,time went on and we finally got to get to know Dave and I am SOOO glad that he is part of our family. I can't imagine him not being part of our family!!!! Hopefully they will some day come back to the "States" and live close to us again!! We sure do miss them!!!

Hope you guys have a great day and I know that you will be celebrating in Hawaii in December!!!

I was able to dig up a couple of old pictures.....your engagement picture and a picture I found of Dave and Audrey right after she was born!! The first picture at the top is at your wedding reception.....love the braces Heather!!!!!!!!!! We had some pretty sexy pearl necklaces on too!!! I also copied some pictures from your blog that I thought were pretty cute too.





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cara-- I think you have found your look with the pearl necklace. Anyway, what a cute sister you are to honor their day of matrimony! When do you leave for powell?

Shauna Brown said...

Happy Anniversary! Too bad none of us look different from 11 years ago- yeah right! Those dresses are pretty hot!

Jenny said...

that first picture is classic! i haven't been in the fam that long so i'd never seen old pictures of you guys. so cute.

Heather H. said...

Can I borrow Joe's scanner again? I need to post some of my favorites from that day. When ARE you leaving?!

Heather H. said...

Oh my gosh that dress and I!! Remember how I loathed wearing it?! (purely because it was 10 sizes too big and mom wouldn't let me alter it!!!!) Oh the drama.