Friday, October 26, 2007

Several Acts of Kindness...

Today was an amazing day. I spent most of the day counting money at the Honda Center from people who donated money for the wild fire victims. It was such a neat experience! When I got there at 9:30, they had raised $30,000. When I left at 2:30, they had raised $282,000!!!!! There were soo many people who came by. All you had to do was drive up and drop off your donation from your car window to the Red Cross volunteers. I was in charge of adding up all the checks and I was amazed to see such large amounts! There was one for $10,000!!! There was one for $5000 and a ton for $1000. There was this one guy who pulled up on his Harley and dropped off a check for $3600!!! There were tons of kids who brought all the coin from their piggy banks and even made cards with pictures they drew. The Anaheim Ducks presented a check for $100,0000!!! The owner of the Ducks was there along with a few players.

I didn't want to leave. I love doing stuff like this! It was soo awesome to see all the cars lined to give their donations. I was told that Hurricane Katrina raised $300,000. There were 3 Red Cross locations collecting donations today and the Honda Center alone I know will pass $300,000. I can't wait to hear how much money was donated from all three locations!! It will go on until 7:00 tonight. (I did try to get on the Channel 7 News, but I wasn't famous enough for them!!)

I am watching the news right now and Toyota just donated $2 MILLION DOLLARS at the Rose Bowl location!!!!! AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!


This is picture of Lake Mission Viejo from Alicia Parkway looking up at the mountains! This fire is OUT OF CONTROL!!! It is crazy to think how close it is!! (A friend of mine emailed it to me) I hope they can put it out soon!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe the picture from MV Lake...so scary. That is so awesome that you donated your time like that...I wish I would have seen your blog before now.

Janice said...

That is so neat! What a great oportunity to witness acts of kindness...how nice of you to count all that money for them! The picture of Lake MV is unbelieveable...Wow!!

Shauna Brown said...

That picture is crazy! Did Dad take that off of the party boat? What a neat thing you did today! I wish I had that kind of money to donate.

Tim and Jennifer said...

Cara that is such a cool story. It's neat to see people come together and help out. Way to do your part cuz!